dj playlist software
- Step-By-Step Instructions
- Do I have to do my playlists online?
- What if the computer dies in the middle of my shift?
- What about specialty shows with more than one host?
- head to http://wuog.org/dj/playlist/ or go to wuog.org and click “jock login” in the top right corner.
- log in. for most DJs, your username will be your first name (as it appears on the schedule) plus your last initial. for me, it’d be erinw.
- all your passwords are the same: wuog1. PLEASE be sure to change your password as soon as you get logged in. this is so folks don’t go messin’ with yr shit.
- SPECIALTY SHOWS with MORE THAN ONE HOST: you have special logins. see the end of this page.
- once you’re logged in, click “edit preferences” and confirm the time, date, title of your show, and add your email if you so desire.
- setting your show time: the times are based on a 24-hour clock. if your show is at 8am, select 8:00; if your show is at 8pm, select 20:00. there’s a big difference, so double-check your times.
- the “name” field is however you want your name to appear on the website.
- required fields on the preferences page are now in red. that’ll help you out so you won’t get “your preferences aren’t set” errors, which are a pain in the ass. sorry about that.
- to begin your playlist, click “begin show.” it’ll ask you if it’s your regular show time. answer yes or no, and continue to the playlist.
- once you’re there, enter the song, artist, and its letter (at least) as you play the song. you can enter the other stuff if you want, but you don’t have to. then hit submit and it’ll give you another row for your next song.
- the reason the software only goes a song at a time is so that folks visiting the website can see what’s “now playing.”
- you can edit a previous song by checking the box next to it, selecting ‘edit’ from the dropdown menu below the playlist, and clicking ‘go’. that’ll let you edit a song at a time.
- rules are pretty much the same with online playlists; do ‘em, do ‘em every time, and yes, the PD can see your playlists. except they’re on the computer.
- when you’re done, click ‘end show’ and confirm your playlist. Be sure to logout. *** again, be sure to click ‘end show’, confirm, and then LOG OUT so the next dj can log back in. ***
- if you’re still having problems, do not hesitate to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (706-614-7674). If wuog.org itself does not load and you cannot even access the login page, send me an email, then do a paper playsheet.otherwise, please do your playlists online.
good luck and godspeed.
Do I have to do my playlists online?
If the internet is working and if you have hands, the answer is a resounding yes. The object of online playlists is to replace the paper ones, so please do your playlists online.
I’m DJing a specialty show, but I share hosting duties. What’s my login?
publicaffairs ==> for all public affairs shows
sports ==> for all sports shows
news ==> for all news shows