HOOVER, Ala. — SEC Media Days began with a bang as Commissioner Mike Slive proposed complete athletic reform in four main areas. Also at the podium were head coaches of Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Mississippi State
Of the four things that Slive mentioned, he wants to take a look at redefining benefits available, strengthen incoming academic standards, modernize recruiting, and improving rule enforcement.
Here is the complete AP release about what Slive wants done.
Below are other headlines that were made during the first day of SEC Media Days.
- Here is a notebook put together by ESPN.com staff that are covering SEC Media Days regarding Day 1.
- Here is my photo gallery taken during Day 1 of SEC Media Days.
- Chip Towers of the Atlanta Journal Constitution writes that South Carolina is in a rare place as SEC East favorites.
- Mike Slive wants reform in college athletics, but some of the coaches disagree with his proposal.
- Chris Lowe and Edward Aschoff of ESPN look at Mark Richt’s job future.
- Mark Bradley wonders if Will Muschamp is the next Urban Meyer, or another Ron Zook.
- Don Kausler of AL.com presents SEC Media Days in quotes.